Friday, February 7, 2014

Anti-ban advice

**Update: 3/132014 - Since I started using the steps outlined here I've redeemed 20 times (8 accounts) with zero bans or delays**

While the BingR is the most human of any of the bots (realistic logging in, realistic searching) you can still get banned because of several things. I'll try to address what I know of those things here so, no matter what Bing bot you're using you'll have the best chance to get your awards. I'll try to keep this post updated.

How I think they pass out bans

  • Bing can easily know your IP.
    • This means they'll know if you're coming in from behind the same router. They know your outside 'routable' IP, not an internal one. To see what your IP is google 'what is my IP' and google will show you. If you want to get a new IP to either run a new batch of 5 accounts OR to redeem (see below) your options are to either turn off your internet MODEM (not router although they may be the same device) and wait to see if you get a new IP (DSL=good chance, Cable=bad chance) or logon to another wifi network.
  • Bing can do a simple check for any accounts that are named similarly. If you have similarly named accounts accessing Bing from the same address you're on the short list to get banned. Also if your accounts have dissimilar names BUT all your passwords are similar/the same that's the same type of simple search to bust you. 
  • Bing bans happen when you redeem, NOT when you search (usually).
    • Bing doesn't mind you searching on their network. This just increases their 'we're as good as Google' stuff. The more searches the better. However, paying out gift cards is another matter.
  • Do NOT use Microsoft Outlook (hotmail, live, outlook) emails. These get "blocked' (not banned) like crazy sauce. 
    • If you're already using one you can keep using it but start making backups (see below) as time and situation permits. 
  • DO be sure to record all the info you use for your account info. Street name, phone number, etc. 
  • Be prepared - slowly create new accounts and leave them dormant. Do this from a fresh IP, then just let the account lie. Bing seems to ban new accounts more frequently than established accounts. 
  • When creating new accounts:
    • Verify the account (from the blue Microsoft login.live page. It's a white link at the top). If you don't do this, your chances of getting a block go WAY up. It'll only take a second - do it!
    • Fill in all the Account Info! Address, phone, etc. Do it when you crate the account b/c it's a PITA to do it when you want to redeem. 
  • Even though you CAN use more than 5 accounts in my bot I'm not recommending that you do that right now. If you do have more than 5 you should have some way to switch IP addresses between each set of 5 (private VPN, proxies, etc.).

If you're going to redeem a card, here is what you want to do.
  • DO NOT search with the account for at least 24 hours Bing Time (that's Pacific time, US).
    • This means if you live in Iowa and you stop searching at 7 pm and wait till 7pm the next day you've NOT gone a full Bing day. Start your 24hr timer at 9pm Pacific time.
  • Redeem from a 'fresh' IP
    • Do the redemption from an IP you've not searched Bing from. This may be difficult - you may need to go to a coffee shop or something. 
    • Hell, if you're at a fresh IP you might as well create a new account and let it sit dormant so you can use it when one of your accounts gets banned. 
If you do get banned:
  • You better know all the info you gave for the account. Every stitch. If you don't know this info, do not contact them. The account is a total loss
  • If you know the info, you have to make a choice. If you call them and they believe you, you get the $5. If you call them and it doesn't work expect increased scrutiny on the IP (and the other accounts) you've been searching from. 
  • Personally I don't contact them, if they don't send the card I just toss it and roll in another one. 


52 comments:

  1. great advice, do u recommend searching more than 5 on a single IP? just curious what you've found on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure. I'm not searching more than 5 but I know guys who use 10+. They had success with that before but we've been discussing it and we think that Bing has updated their detection routine to include all of the above parameters plus some we haven't really figured out yet.

    If you have a pile of accounts and don't care more than 5 is reasonable. If you have 5 gold accounts and you're considering adding a 6th I wouldn't risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I've been running 5 accounts for a while, redeeming on the same day of searching, and all same password, and I haven't ever been banned, should I still change my habits?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting question. In my opinion it can't hurt to be a bit more cautious. The bans have been coming more and more frequently lately and I'd bet that if you've been using those same accounts they're all gold (saving you ~2 days each redemption) so you probably don't want to lose them.

      Think about it like this: You've been driving to work across the same road for years at 70 mph. Last week the speed limit was changed to 55. If the cops stop you for going 70, telling them "I've been doing 70 for years" won't prevent the ticket.

      In the end, it's your call. A bit of advice this month (February) - make a few 'back up accounts' and log into them about a week after you make them. You'll get 200 extra points. That way, if one of your current accounts does get banned you'll have a silver account with 200 pts to fall back on.

      Delete
  4. How do you NOT use an Outlook email? You can't register to Bing with anything other than Facebook or Microsoft account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I used to think too. Turns out, you can use any email to create a Microsoft Live account. Go here and try it - https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx
      (if you're going to create a new account this month (Feb) be sure to use a referral link so you get the extra 200 points!)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the reply although I meant actually loading the webpage https://account.live.com as part of the process BingR uses. There are many other microsoft web pages that have logins for live.com accounts including bing.com itself. I really don't know why https://account.live.com is loaded by BingR first when logging in but it has the password change settings and account security settings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the home page for a live account. Go to login.live.com and login, you'll see what I mean. The live homepage is the parent authentication for the other microsoft/live/outlook/hotmail/bing services. There isn't a login for bing.com.

      Delete
  6. are you noticing more bans than usual? i've never gotten a cancelled redeem but the past 2 weeks i've started to get a couple here and there, maybe 10-15%...curious if you've seen any influx...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to get reports that they were starting to use captchas but no increase in bans lately.

      Delete
  7. So I got a bit overzealous, and created a 5 bing accounts with outlook emails that are similarly named. I did it at two locations, but there's still enough red flags here to have me worried about redeeming.

    If I go in and change all the account information on each account (email, name, address, etc), would that eliminate these red flags? Or should I just abandon the accounts, go to a McDonalds somewhere (free wifi), and start over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Run them till you have enough to redeem and then follow my advice above. If they all redeem, you got lucky.

      Then, make a few new ones at a coffee shop or something and start rotating those into the mix.

      The similarly named ones aren't necessarily going to get banned and if they're not they could still be good for you. I can't hurt, however to roll a few out of circulation until you need them.

      Delete
  8. Those are very helpful tips! just have one question here. When you say don't do any searches on the day you want to redeem, you mean shut down all 5 accounts for the day or just that specific account I want to redeem?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the one you want to redeem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not earning any points and I don't think I'm banned. I keep searching but no points. What do I do? I might lose silver status.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has anyone else started getting a verification page when you redeem saying they need to verify your account with a text message? Just curious as my accounts all got this recently. Also for the phone number to verify do you use the same phone number for all accounts? I was thinking of only using tops 5 accounts per phone number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get you unlimited USA phone numbers if you still need them.

      Delete
    2. can you give me a us number? I need to redeem my points..

      Delete
  12. I need USA phone number to verify my bing account , I am not from USA, but I have bing account with alot of points, please help I will give you 5$ Amazon Gift card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get you unlimited USA phone numbers if you still need them.

      Delete
  13. I need USA phone number to verify my bing account , I am not from USA, please help I will give you 3$ Amazon Gift card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can get you unlimited USA phone numbers if you still need them.

      Delete
    2. I'm in 2016 and I still need your advise about USA phone number. Thank you.

      Delete
  14. Unknown,

    Is it asking you for the phone number when you redeem or just to set the account up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I get that a lot...eventually it blocks that phone number and you have to use another one. They are really cracking down on redeeming and for phone numbers it is not easy to just get one.

      Delete
    2. I can get you unlimited USA phone numbers if you still need them.

      Delete
    3. Hey @Brian I really need usa phone numbers for bing verification! so bad! Im outside US. Id really appreciate it if u can help me
      but just to make sure, u mean Unlimited true numbers that work for bing? have u tried it? Ihve already tried agent wsitcher for redeeming(used to work before) and a lot of services like recievve-dmd.com textnow,,...none of ehich worked. if u can help me somehow plz tell me 92ariana@gmail.com
      Ill be glad to give u a Amazon gift card if u like!

      Delete
    4. Hi Brian..I'm living outside US and can not use us phone number to get bing verification code,so I really need us phone number.Please contact me.
      Skype Id: single_lake
      single_lake@yahoo.com

      Delete
  15. Im outside US and I cant redeem bing rewards anyhow! plz can sb in Us or Canada recieve the text and email it to me? Ill give back amazon gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .I'm living outside US and can not use us phone number to get bing verification code,so I really need us phone number.Please contact me.
      Skype Id: single_lake
      single_lake@yahoo.com

      Delete
  16. Im outside US and I cant redeem bing rewards anyhow! plz can anyone give me a us number that works on bing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sir, are a genious! I have made close to $35,000 so far using your tips. I'm fully automated on 5 PC's now. Thankfully I seem to be an accomplished script writer and have a working way to keep one step ahead of their security measures, which are a complete joke btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey George, Do you have an email or Skype? I need some advice on not getting my account banned on bing. I tried using a vpn, but thats not working for me.

      Delete
    3. @george, if you have a moment, I would also like to ask you for some advice and run some ideas by you.

      Delete
  18. Do NOT use Microsoft Outlook (hotmail, live, outlook) emails. These get "blocked' (not banned) like crazy sauce.

    Should I use Gmail? I don't understand this.

    One of my accounts got banned, should I get a new IP address?
    Should I use the same number to redeem accounts?
    Should I also use the same addresses on accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is what they use to track people now.
    https://panopticlick.eff.org/

    Outlook accounts that get banned "like crazy sauce" are because they are all made on the same browser with same pc configuration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ! Thanks for that info ! Do you know a way to make your browser different ?

      Delete
  20. For those of you who can understand that panopticlick info and know how to change what is needed....read this:
    When you add user agent strings to either FF or CHROME chose the APPEND NOT REPLACE...that way with APPEND it also reads the way your PC is configured and makes that ACCOUNT UNIQUE.
    If you chose REPLACE you will have the exact same USER AGENT and all the other people who are doing this and don't know any better and most likely you will be blocked soon.

    Since learning this back when they started watching all this, about mid October this year, I have NOT had any accounts blocked AND I can redeem all 5 accounts from the same IP back to back to back to back to back all in the same day and ALL 5 still get their giftcards.

    Thanks to jj and his cousin who works for bing for teaching all us about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS, switching IP addresses now seems to get you blocked.

      Delete
    2. Can you post a screenshot of how your User Agent Switcher looks like? I'm a bit confused when you say "choose APPEND NOT REPLACE" when there are no options for that. You mean type it into the User Agent String field?

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I guess I use Chrome a lot more than Firefox. Chrome has the option to chose APPEND or REPLACE. Firefox does not. At least not with the UAS switcher I have installed.

      http://i.imgur.com/JZqraMr.jpg

      Delete
    4. Do you an an email ? I need some advice on creating bing ads accounts. I used a vpn and I still get banned.

      Delete
  21. If you use 5 accounts, would you use the same address and phone number for all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you use 5 accounts, would you use the same address and phone number for all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Come to us and join bing rewards program introduced by microsoft. Here you will get free stuff by using bing rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the information. I have got ban too many times because of using bing rewards bot. I hope your idea is going to help me.

    ReplyDelete